Thursday, June 01, 2006

In my last post I gave some of my opinions on the future of digital imaging and I would like to stick with that today. So what is next for the movie industry? What does the future hold for Pixar, Dreamworks, ILM, etc? Well, word on the street is that the contract between Pixar and Disney is finished with the completion of the film Cars, which opens this month. Apparently Pixar is very relieved to be finished with the deal, and sources say that they will soon be shopping for another company to do business with. There are some rumors being spread saying that without Disney Pixar will flounder, but with the extreme success of every film they have done, I seriously doubt it. Pixar isn't going anywhere. Personally, I have always been a Disney fan. The company has made some of the most important films in the history of the medium. Pixar however, has been just as important in their time. I am confident that no matter who Pixar partners with next, or if they stride off alone the work will continue to influence animators and artists worldwide. I hope that those who read this agree with me and continue to support both companies. For more information on the Disney-Pixar conflict, here are some websites you can visit.

http://www.animationmagazine.net/article.php?article_id=2053
http://homepage.mac.com/mstein/iblog/C400694747/E352396113/index.html

No comments: